Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, June 27, 2011
- Is upgrading to SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 right for you?
With planned availability in summer 2011, many companies are wondering if they should make the move to SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0.
- Site-to-site SSL VPN: Only when IPsec VPN isn't possible
A site-to-site SSL VPN isn't an ideal replacement for IPsec-based branch office WAN links, but it does offer an alternative when IPsec VPN tunnels are impossible to build.
- SAS CEO offers analytics over BI, reveals use cases for text analytics
Jim Goodnight, SAS CEO advocates analytics over BI, explains text analytics use cases and touches on predictive asset management.
- HP CloudSystem: What exactly is it?
Can HP really compete in the cloud market? Find out if it has the chops in this breakdown of the company?s private cloud product.
- IT pros still not sold on SaaS
SaaS success stories aside, many IT pros aren?t happy about giving up on-premises software.
- Cost and content of social media policies vary widely by industry
Setting social media policies is a tricky and potentially costly process that varies widely based on an industry's regulatory requirements.
- Former Yahoo data chief: Analytics is the future of ?big data?
A featured speaker at Enzee Universe came armed with information on how the future of ?big data? lies in analytics.
- Most recent quarter sees rise in information security salary figures
According to figures from Acumin, for the first time since the recession started, no sector of the infosec job market has seen a pay reduction.
- IT shops would like to see Windows apps ported to tablets
Some IT pros want PC-based apps ported to tablets and other mobile devices. But Microsoft needs to convince developers to get on board.
- HP Discover: Where's the core networking evolution?
At HP Discover, HP Networking promised to change the networking industry, but didn't make any about real changes to its own core networking product. Why?
- High-profile attacks, inadequate defenses burden IT security programs
Can CISOs turnaround IT security programs to be more proactive? Experts say many programs are frozen in a reactive mode.
- Symantec looks to add application HA to VMware
Symantec AppplicationHA (high availability) adds support for VMware Site Recovery Manager in its next step to add application HA to VMware HA.