Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, July 11, 2011
- Transition to ICD-10 codes will be disruptive, but CIOs can help
A survey of experienced hospital coders suggests that learning ICD-10 codes will be like learning a whole new language. Here's how CIOs can help keep them in the fold.
- Red Cross boosts donor relationships with new CRM system
The American Red Cross hopes to infuse new life into its donor marketing program with an overhaul of its CRM and call center operations.
- With UTM system, Blackpool Council trims network security costs
Faced with a network ravaged by Conficker and a dwindling budget, the Blackpool Council implemented a UTM system to cut costs and bolster security.
- Avoiding the common pitfalls of information governance management
Information governance management success begins with a program owner with the authority and enterprise support to focus an initiative and keep business stakeholders engaged with strategy and tactics.
- Verizon Terremark chief sees enterprise cloud services chasm coming
The president of Verizon's Terremark talks about upcoming changes in the cloud provider market, what it takes to create enterprise cloud services and the 4G M2M cloud play.
- Terremark weighs in on the cloud ecosystem, hybrid clouds and 4G
Part 2 of our discussion with Verizon Terremark president Kerry Bailey focuses on the cloud ecosystem, enterprise cloud issues, tying 4G to the cloud and the future of hybrid clouds.
- Hosted mobile device management services take hold
Virtela's cloud-based mobile device management services enable channel partners to sell mobile management and device security as a monthly subscription service.
- Data warehouse appliance trends: targeted BI, market consolidation
A combination of factors is driving increased interest in data warehouse appliances among technology users, which in turn has sparked a series of acquisitions involving appliance vendors.
- F5 looks to bring ARX NAS virtualization, file migration to smaller organizations
F5 adds midrange and entry-level ARX devices as it attempts to bring NAS virtualization and file migration to organizations besides large enterprises.
- Barriers remain as compliance goals move to promoting ethical behavior
The focus for compliance officers has shifted to fostering the development of an ethical corporate culture. But there are obstacles to promoting ethical behavior in a business setting.
- MDOP 2011 R2 brings new security, management tools
The BitLocker administration tool in MDOP 2011 R2 helps IT pros manage encryption policies. MDOP 2011 R2 also includes DaRT and AIS updates.
- Essex college deploys ATA over Ethernet; and more news
Storage roundup: Essex college deploys ATA over Ethernet; the Eden Project goes NetApp; British Airways gets its SANs tested; Council cloud uses Xsigo virtual I/O; and more news.
- EMC?s caveman creed, HP says FAST is its idea, Pillar crumbles
The storage blogosphere has thrown up a fascinating EMC video explaining how cave painting is like social media. Seriously. Also HP says EMC?s FAST is its idea.
- Microsoft?s mobile strategy: Too little, too late for partners?
Microsoft will pitch its smartphone and tablet strategy at the Worldwide Partner Conference, but some VARs fear the mobile-device ship has already sailed.