Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, July 14, 2011
- Meaningful use stage 2 delay would only affect certain providers
A proposed delay in the onset of meaningful use stage 2 would only affect health care providers who have already implemented stage 1. Even then, the effect will be minimal.
- HealthNow picks Informatica data virtualization over IBM and Composite
A comprehensive product evaluation led insurance provider HealthNow New York Inc. to choose Informatica data virtualization software over competing products from IBM and Composite.
- Microsoft sketches out social plan for Dynamics CRM Online
Microsoft is set to deliver a social collaboration tool for Dynamics CRM customers by year?s end intended to help users set up and manage teams organized around products or projects.
- Apache Tomcat found to suffer from security bypass vulnerability
Vendor reports that the ?sendfile? vulnerability may be used to perform a security bypass or a DoS when using a security manager.
- Cisco UCS upgrade goes for speed, management and automation
Cisco's UCS upgrade includes higher speed and capacity in switching and server access, but it also enables deeper management and automation throughout the converged network.
- AT&T sees opportunity in mobility, e-commerce for CDN services
Consumers have short attention spans for online content, and AT&T hopes this will sell businesses on its AT&T CDN services, as part of a broader content monetization strategy.
- Best practices for choosing your text analytics software
Expert analysts and consultants weigh in on the best practices for choosing text analysis software and offer vital steps for picking from an array of content, sentiment and text analytics products.
- SAP, Pentaho release SME BI tools, but are smaller businesses ready?
Pentaho and SAP recently launched new versions of business intelligence tools aimed at small and midsize enterprises, but research suggests SMEs may be slow to invest.
- SIP-based multimedia UC call center software streamlines operations
Enterprises have hesitated to adopt UC call center technology, but social media and the consumerization of IT are putting pressure on traditional voice-centric approaches.
- DCIM makes itself at home in the channel
More data center VARs are building data center infrastructure management practices to eliminate guesswork linked to administrative tasks.
- Best practices for managing sustainable supply chains
Deploying a sustainable supply chain can pose even more challenges than were involved in defining the program. Learn field-proven techniques for getting the job done.
- New Android phone malware indicates transition to mobile platform attacks
The latest discovery includes a variant of the Zeus Trojan and embedded DroidDream malware in several mobile apps.
- Avoiding the pitfalls of deploying packaged data warehouse systems
Vendors tout data warehouse appliances as easier to deploy than traditional data warehouses are. But there are project management challenges to be aware of before you begin an appliance deployment.
- Column: Why one expert says third-party SAP reporting options are best
Many applications are available for reporting in the SAP system. But what type of toolset do you really need to drive your business? Discover why it is helpful to evaluate the existing tools first.