Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, July 21, 2011
- Securitytube.net releases WLAN security megaprimer
The Hacker News (THN) has reported that the latest SecurityTube.net release includes a 4.2Gb DVD containing over 40+ HD quality videos of their WLAN Security Megaprimer.
- SMEs still hesitant to move beyond spreadsheets for advanced analytics
Ventana Research Inc.?s recently published study shines a light on small and midsize enterprises? reluctance in trading in Excel and other desktop spreadsheets for advanced analytics.
- The push is on for IT cost transparency
CIOs are under pressure as never before to achieve IT cost transparency. One CIO finds his way with technology business management software.
- Data replication software helps hospital network prepare for the worst
The UPMC health network faced several data replication software challenges when ramping up its disaster recovery site.
- Indian outsourcer picks up mainframe graveyard shift
An Indian company is offering outsourcing services for organizations looking to fill late-night mainframe slots.
- Apple Safari receives update with Lion release; 58 bugs fixed
Apple updates Safari browser to version 5.6 with the release of OS X 10.6 Lion; brings sandboxing to Safari to combat threat from ?drive-by? attacks.
- Wealth management industry IT spending to top $4.6 bn by 2015: Report
IT spending by wealth management industry in Asia Pacific will top $4.6 bn by 2015, observes Ovum. Discover IT spending trends in wealth management industry.
- Cisco Quad and Cius create buzz at Cisco Live 2011 in Las Vegas
At Cisco Live 2011 in Las Vegas, the press explored Cisco Quad and Cisco Cius. They are aimed for the enterprise, but will channel partners really be able to sell them?
- For cloud EHR users, meaningful use, data exchange low priorities
Health care providers adopting cloud-based EHR systems are doing so not to achieve meaningful use but, they say, because it makes clinical workflow and data management easier.
- Google malware warning system alerts users about infections
The new malware alert feature is in response to unusual search traffic detected in the search engine giant?s servers.
- Dell's Force10 acquisition spawns another data center network strategy
Dell's Force10 acquisition aims to create a converged infrastructure solution for the data center network with Dell's server and storage products.
- Leadership theories: What they don't teach in management training
Often management training glosses over the critical thinking skills needed to institute organizational leadership, according to Esther Derby. She explains more in this Q&A.
- Organizational change management tools with Esther Derby
Learn what Esther Derby has to say about organizational change tools such as Eoyang CDE and Expand the Horizon and how they can give you a systematic view, helping to resolve problems.
- Cloud providers deliver mobile collaboration apps better than on-prem
On-prem UC can't keep pace with the evolving mobile device landscape and sub-second latency requirements of mobile collaboration, but cloud UC providers can, says one expert.