Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, August 5, 2011
- Demand-driven supply chain innovations center on analytics, mobile ID
Mobile devices are giving manufacturers more data for predicting consumer demand and making their supply chains more responsive.
- Black Hat 2011: Dan Kaminsky reveals network security research topics
Noted researcher Dan Kaminsky presented his latest network security research topics, including vulnerabilities in P2P networks, UPNP and home routers.
- Is your BI safe in the hands of ERP vendors?
ERP vendors are pitching integration as supreme for BI. But can these ERP vendors hit the ball out of the park?
- Microsoft slots 22 patches for August Patch Tuesday
Windows, IE, Visio, .Net, Visual Studio and Report Viewer to get security updates; updated version of Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool on charts.
- Vendors' cloud prep portends pain for enterprise IT
Two vendors' personal struggles with building a private cloud provide a taste of what's coming for the enterprise data center.
- Virtual Computer's CEO dishes on virtual clients, Microsoft and Intel support
Virtual Computer's chief discusses client hypervisors, industry trends, server-based VDI and why Microsoft, Intel and Lenovo support client virtualization.
- STEC, OCZ roll out PCI Express SSD cards; more data storage news
STEC adds PCIe solid-state ASIC plus SSD caching software while OCZ upgrades its PCIe device; HDS claims its Virtual Storage Platform (VSP) has 1,400 customers; more storage news.
- Hosted application stores help IT pros wrangle cloud apps
New application delivery platforms aggregate SaaS apps and give IT a way to control how end users access cloud-based apps. Here are three to consider.
- SAP Business ByDesign 3.0 features revamped software development kit
SAP is rolling out Business ByDesign Feature Pack 3.0, which includes new core functionality, an improved SDK and an additional integration scenario for two-tier ERP systems.