Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, August 12, 2011
- Data quality improvement impeded by lack of automation
Data quality improvement has boosted revenue at 12% of a sample of UK companies. Progress impeded by poor automation, says research from QAS: 42% use Excel spreadsheets to detect data quality issues.
- Bring on the cloud marketing stunts!
More companies are relying on gimmicks to convince cloud users that their products are necessary, but they're just fooling themselves.
- RIM issues fix for BlackBerry vulnerabilities
A but in the BlackBerry Mobile Data Service (MDS) Connection Service component can be used to potentially gain network access.
- PCI Council issues long-awaited PCI tokenization compliance guidance
PCI DSS tokenization can reduce the scope of a PCI assessment, according to new guidance issued Friday. One expert says it’s been a long time coming.
- PCI tokenisation best practices guidance offers flexibility
The newly released PCI tokenisation best practices guidance aims to make PCI DSS compliance easier, yet offers technical flexibility for enterprises.
- Cisco surprises despite lower profits: News in brief
Cisco Systems reported a 36% fall in its net income for the fourth quarter to $1.2 billion (£750 million), but its financial results surpassed analysts’ expectations.
- Is CG-NAT the short-term answer to IPv4 exhaustion?
IPv4 exhaustion has arrived, but IPv6 is not ready for primetime. Will ISPs and enterprises find a short-term solution in CG-NAT infrastructure?
- D&H Distributing partners become Sophos resellers in North America
Sophos has enlisted help from D&H Distributing Co. to increase sales in North America, citing benefits to partners of both companies.
- Health IT security survey shows equal parts confidence, concern
Our recent reader survey found health IT pros confident they are meeting federal laws but concerned they aren't doing enough to protect patient data, especially on mobile devices.
- McAfee reseller program updates offer higher margins, protected deals
McAfee has increased margins and added protections for McAfee resellers that register opportunities. Lost deal fees are available as an extra perk.