Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, August 15, 2011
- Speech recognition technology making its way into EHR systems
Meaningful use is bringing EHR adoption to the mass market. Physicians uncomfortable with a computer keyboard are increasingly turning to speech recognition to get data into EHRs.
- Server fabrics garner second look in virtualized shops
Once the province of scale-out, high-performance computing apps, server fabrics are now being pitched for mainstream virtual environments.
- Surprise! Data centers used less energy than expected
Data centers used less energy in the last five years than previously thought; and more data center facilities news in brief.
- Astute Networks launches flash appliance to speed performance of VMware storage
Astute Networks rolls out ViSX G3 flash appliance designed to improve the performance of storage for heavy-duty VMware environments.
- Veeam brings virtual server backup for NHS trust
Storage roundup: Hospital cuts restoration times to minutes using Veeam Backup & Recovery; Buffalo launches Windows NAS family; Coraid partners with The Blueprint IT; Dot Hill appointments; and more.
- From the Editor: Dos and don’ts of data governance best practices
When setting up your data governance policies it’s important to know what to do as well as what not to do. Learn more about data governance best practices and get dos and don’ts from industry experts.