Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
- Enterprise mobility's next phase: Contextual services
Expert Maribel Lopez explains why enterprise mobility should focus on improving business processes and using Big Data to create contextual services.
- APEJ’s content management software sales grow by 11% in H2-2010:IDC
Content management software sales in APEJ region grew by 11% in second half of 2010. Know the latest trends in content management software space.
- Mozilla ships Firefox 6; patches 10 major security holes
Mozilla team releases Firefox’s latest version, with fixes for 10 serious vulnerabilities in addition to over 1600 changes made to the existing framework.
- Data mining demands sound privacy policies in age of ‘big data’
The U.S. Supreme Court’s ruling on its first data mining case raises questions on advanced analytics practices and policies, especially in the era of “big data.”
- Cisco hardening guides for IOS, IOS-XR and NX-OS devices
Patching routing and switching infrastructure in any organisation is often delayed, sometimes due to the potential impact on production systems and sometimes because the IT resources are simply too busy fighting fires.
- AISA launches new website
With a reinvigorated look and feel, improved back-end infrastructure, and regularly updated information about the association the Australian Information Security Association website has been re-launched for the benefit of its members and the Australian IT Security industry.
- Desktop virtualization is all about accommodating users
CIO Dustin Fennell built a desktop virtualization platform to draw students to Scottsdale Community College and accommodate the need for anywhere, any-device access.
- Co-op embraces real-time analytics with Web-based BI platform
Blood Centers of America dumped Excel spreadsheets for a Web-based BI platform that enables collaboration and delivers real-time analytics.
- Oracle-InQuira deal raises concerns about the future of KM
Columnist John Ragsdale discusses the KM-related ramifications of Oracle's InQuira acquisition and the growing importance of enterprise search.
- Astute Networks launches flash appliance to speed performance of VMware storage
Headlines: Astute Networks rolls out ViSX G3 flash appliance designed to improve the performance of storage for heavy-duty VMware environments.
- Tablets: Going beyond the iPad
Shocker: Resellers cite some big orders for non-Apple tablets.