Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, August 19, 2011
- Analysis - HP to get out of personal computing
HP's decision to get get out of the PC game might make CIOs nervous. Here's our take on why there's not much to worry about.
- Virtualized storage and SANs drive disaster recovery plan
One company's path from no disaster recovery to a SAN-based DR strategy was driven by the CIO's unshakeable belief that storage is the first principle of a good data center.
- Indian PC market grows marginally in Q2-2011: Gartner
Indian PC market posted 2.5% growth in Q2-2011, reports Gartner. Find out how the top PC vendors performed in the Indian market.
- Shionogi breach spotlights virtualization security
A disgruntled ex-employee admitted to deleting VMs at the pharmaceutical company, highlighting the need for proper enforcement of access-control policies in virtual environments.
- HP partners blast tablet, PC decision, Autonomy buy
Computing giant’s decision to kill off TouchPad tablets, evaluate exit from PC biz, and spend $10.3 billion on Autonomy set partners reeling.
- Toshiba chosen as Nexsan NAS platform SSD partner; more storage news
Toshiba SLC SSD in latest Nexsan E500 NAS platform; Permabit revs up primary dedupe software; Infortrend expands FC SAN line; more data storage news.
- Botnet security alert: Malicious spam surge marks bot reconstruction
The percentage of spam messages containing a malicious payload has spiked sharply recently, likely due to a resurgence of spam bots.
- SAP shop turns to Ariba cloud for electronic invoicing, cuts DSO
Nalco reduced errors and customer complaints with electronic invoicing but found cloud-to-ERP integration and supplier onboarding nontrivial -- albeit solvable -- problems.
- Amazon cloud measures up to enterprise at last
Is AWS ready to take on the enterprise? According to the cloud computing Magic 8 Ball, "Signs point to yes."
- IBM researchers push for secure open wireless networks
IBM’s Secure Open Wireless method could secure public Wi-Fi networks automatically and prevent attackers from snooping and stealing users’ data.
- Informatica readies India business strategy
Informatica’s business strategy in India entails key investments in R&D. Will the strategy create a competitive advantage for its India business?