Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, August 31, 2011
- A manufacturing-floor look at Ford's bring-your-own-device program
Ford Motor's mobility expert gives an inside view of how and why the car giant introduced bring-your-own-device programs to 70,000 of its employees.
- Server appliances simplify deployment
There was a time when deploying a new server required a team of engineers but server appliances are simplifying the task.
- Royal College prescribes NetApp for VMware storage
Storage roundup: Royal College prescribes NetApp for VMware storage; university goes solid-state for VDI; waste firm gets Dot Hill SANs; Coraid?s VMware integration; and more news.
- Apache DDoS vulnerability requires immediate update to avoid threat
Apache has released an updated version of its Web server to address a DDoS vulnerability, for which exploit tools have been found in the wild.
- Bring-your-own-device programs gain traction, vendors respond
Enterprises are embracing bring-your-own- device policies that let users go mobile, and vendors are looking to cash in with solutions.
- Success with real-time BI technology doable ? if you avoid the perils
Real-time business intelligence isn't rocket science. But various pitfalls can trip up organizations that aren't properly prepared for a real-time BI project, analysts warn.
- VMware, Cisco propose VXLAN for VM mobility
At VMworld 2011, VMware and Cisco talked up a new way to move virtual machines over distance without sacrificing isolation or manageability.
- VMware CEO says cloud computing technologies are the future
CEO Paul Maritz opens VMworld 2011 with predictions of the future, stressing the importance of new cloud computing technologies and challenges to the IT status quo.
- VMware previews next-gen vStorage APIs for vSphere
VMware previews its next generation of vStorage APIs for vSphere at VMworld, promising to facilitate more granular levels of data management.
- Apple VARs adjust to Jobs-less future
Apple and Steve Jobs were inextricable. That was for better ? and now ? for worse as Jobs exits and Apple VARs deal with questions about Apple's future.
- Will SAP Enterprise Support increases roil the waters again?
Constant price hikes in Enterprise Support might once again cause SAP customers to question the value of the support they?re getting from the software manufacturer.
- Successful SharePoint 2010 deployment relies on six key steps
Successful SharePoint 2010 deployments take careful implementation planning, a team approach and continued management.
- Feds reportedly investigating Oracle for bribery
According to a report in The Wall Street Journal, U.S. officials are investigating Oracle for bribing foreign government officials to win business there.
- MLC drives, PCIe technology give SSDs run for their money
Headlines: Manufacturers see demand grow for multi-level cell (MLC) solid-state drives and PCI Express (PCIe) technology as enterprise server and storage system vendors aim to cut costs.
- NetWrix releases change auditing solution; open source apps from SPDX
Our latest Product Spotlight roundup of IT compliance tools features NetWrix's Change Reporter Suite, a change auditing solution; and SPDX 1.0, an open source software tool.
- Experts reveal the top 5 data integration best practices
Technology industry insiders explain five best practices that help ensure data integration success.
- Extreme data recovery
When Orly Productions had a LTO tape immersed in mud following the Christchurch earthquake, they turned to Kroll Ontrack to recover the critical data
- Best of VMworld 2011 Awards
Check out the winners of the Best of VMworld Awards from TechTarget to see which vendors delivered the best virtualization technologies this year.