Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, September 1, 2011
- Salesforce Sandbox outage raises concerns about SLAs and SaaS testing
Salesforce.com's sandbox environment went down for six days last week. Does that impact your company's SLA with the company? Many are unsure.
- Implementing supply chain management abroad raises tricky issues
Introducing SCM software to manufacturing facilities in developing countries is no small task. Industry experts offer their advice for dealing with technological and cultural barriers.
- Apache DDoS vulnerability requires immediate update to avoid threat
Apache has released an updated version of its Web server to address a DDoS vulnerability, for which exploit tools have been found in the wild.
- Brocade?s network hardware price model: Pay-as-you-go
With Brocade Network Subscription, Brocade offers a pay-as-you-go network hardware price structure that allows customers to pay only for what they need.
- Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications: UC integration improves
Vendors are improving UC integration as they evolve their products from portfolios to integrated suites, says Gartner's latest Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications.
- Salesforce.com reveals a Chatter-based social CRM plan
Salesforce.com gave Chatter the official nod by creating a social enterprise strategy with this collaboration tool as its centerpiece.
- PCI tokenization: Vendors need to iron out differences, expert says
The long-awaited PCI Tokenization Guidelines add heft to its use, but persisting problems deter merchants from fully embracing the technology, according to one expert.
- Salesforce beefs up database, Heroku, mobile offerings
Salesforce aims to broaden customer base by adding new functions to the core of its product line.
- HP upgrades data centre network architecture, ships in the UK
With HP FlexNetwork architecture upgrades, HP Networking promises better performance and more granular management across physical and virtual environments for the cloud.
- IBM to acquire i2 and Algorithmics
IBM has announced plans to acquire British security analytics software company i2 and Canadian financial risk analytics software company Algorithmics.
- Survey results: Customers need IT GRC software and security services
A recent survey points out opportunities for solution providers to partner with GRC vendors, providing much-needed security portions of GRC projects.
- Securing and supporting a bring-your-own-device program at Ford
Ford's mobility expert discusses bring-your-own-device program security and why contextual computing is causing fundamental shifts in business and IT.
- VSphere stretched clusters bring DR debate at VMworld 2011
When it comes to HA between sites, IT pros often think of disaster recovery, but building stretched clusters for DR today brings numerous challenges.
- Omaha Power makes the business case for data modeling tools
Data warehouse architect Bill Harrison explains how he got the go-ahead to purchase a new set of graphical data modeling tools.