Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, September 8, 2011
- Ubuntu gets Firefox, xulrunner runtime update to thwart MITM attacks
Mozilla issues a hot fix to tackle fraudulent certificates released by DigiNotar.
- HP kerfuffle roils VARs; VCE reorgs topped the news
HP maelstrom, VCE changes topped the list of SearchITChannel.com stories for August, 2011.
- Study tracks first signs of Android botnet infections
Cybercriminals are increasingly targeting Android devices with crimeware that is actively communicating with multiple criminal command-and-control servers.
- Microsoft supports IE virtualization in Windows 8 with Hyper-V client
IT pros want to virtualize Internet Explorer, but Microsoft licensing rules forbid the practice. Now, Microsoft has devised a legal way to run old versions of IE with Windows 8.
- ITIL chief architect: How to build an IT Service Management strategy
Choosing the right IT services to deliver is the foundation of a winning IT Service Management strategy. ITIL chief architect Sharon Taylor explains.
- Building a UC strategy from scratch, with minimal service disruption
Amid a corporate divestiture, one UC pro was told to reconstruct his UC strategy and infrastructure from scratch and with minimal service disruption.
- Amid social networking security issues, companies block Web 2.0 apps
Many companies have clamped down on social networking in the face of security concerns, a new report reveals. Is this a long-term trend?
- IT pros heading to SAP TechEd 2011 packing questions for vendor
Users and analysts heading to the SAP TechEd conference in Las Vegas next week are looking to learn more about a range of issues, from in-memory technology to NetWeaver 7.3 and Gateway.
- Microsoft prepares to tackle 15 flaws in September Patch Tuesday
Planned updates affect Microsoft Office, Excel and SharePoint Workspace 2010.
- Is there a place for ruggedised gear in your business?
Most users get by with a standard business-grade notebook. But those devices won't cut it in the field. Barwon Water decided on a ruggedised solution when their old slates were at end-of-life.