Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, September 16, 2011
- Content management services take to the cloud
Decentralized and widespread enterprises are moving content management services to the cloud and reaping the benefits.
- Advanced business analytics at play, but marginal in UK corporate IT
UK enterprise IT is tinkering with advanced analytics and BI, reveals a Corporate IT Forum workshop and survey.
- Can't Inmon and Kimball just get along?
A longtime data management professional illustrates the synergies that exist between the Inmon and Kimball data warehousing methodologies.
- MPLS and Ethernet WAN connectivity send frame relay and ATM packing
Legacy WAN connectivity options, such as ATM and frame relay, are falling out of favor as businesses spend more on MPLS and Ethernet WAN services, according to In-Stat.
- ArcSight SIEM integration brings opportunities for ForeScout partners
ForeScout?s NAC product may now be integrated into ArcSight?s SIEM platform. This could open doors for ForeScout partners into ArcSight accounts.
- Oracle adds multi-tenancy, replication to Pillar Axiom software
Oracle upgrades Pillar Axiom software with multi-tenancy, replication and migration features; Caringo and Coraid combine object and block storage; and more data storage news.
- Bank security on top in consumer information security trust survey
More than half of respondents indicated they trusted financial institutions with their personal data, with students being the most trusting overall.
- PCI Council issues point-to-point encryption validation requirements
A new validation program will certify point-to-point encryption systems that use devices for encryption and decryption as well as hardware security modules.
- Legacy application modernization benefits revealed
Legacy application modernization can make COBOL reusable. Discover what modernizing legacy applications can do for you.
- Gartner lists 8 supply chain outsourcing best practices
Increased reliance on 3PLs, BPOs and other outsourced partners requires a ?control tower? approach and improved supply chain visibility, according to Gartner.