Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, September 29, 2011
- Gartner to CIOs: Change the world, don't automate it
Rather than driving a strategy focused on continuous improvement, CIOs need to be thinking about how they can use IT to give their employers that competitive edge.
- Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird updated to ver. 7; critical bugs fixed
Firefox 7 and Thunderbird 7 have been released by Mozilla, fixing eight security flaws and cutting memory consumption by up to 50%. Find out more.
- From the Editors: Real-time BI success 101
Is real-time business intelligence right for your organization? And what can you do to avoid the pitfalls of real-time BI projects? We point you toward answers to those questions.
- Network monitoring switches eliminate 40 Gigabit Ethernet blind spots
Network monitoring tools aren’t ready for 40 Gigabit Ethernet, but a network monitoring switch will allow you to monitor the faster media with 10 Gigabit Ethernet tools.
- Proper ICD-10 preparation combines technology, testing
Technology running back-end systems can enable ICD-10 preparation by giving the right space for new, extended documentation. Testing payer and vendor compatibility also matters.
- What do HP partners think of Meg Whitman?
Some partners were concerned with HP’s placement of Meg Whitman in the CEO spot, while others think she’s a good fit at HP despite the company’s series of questionable personnel decisions.
- Video conferencing system helps emergency response teams mobilize
Transportation and emergency management officials in Houston coordinate emergency response teams using the LifeSize HD video conferencing system its UC pros recently deployed.
- HP risks fading fortunes as a top IT supplier
For decades HP has been a preeminent supplier of products and services to corporate IT. But the company’s recent drama has some IT shops concerned for the future.
- Supply chain security means keeping your data close and your people closer
Supply chains present a number of data security challenges, from intellectual property theft to product leaks. Avoiding security breaches means knowing how to manage IT and staff.
- E-discovery laws: Having an information governance framework matters
A recent increase in privacy litigation proves that UK companies, too, need e-discovery and data governance plans.