Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, October 10, 2011
- Microsoft releases October patch Tuesday advanced notifications
Eight security bulletins: two critical and six important, on the works. 23 vulnerabilities expected to be fixed across products.
- BI software migration to give IndusInd Bank a leg up
IndusInd is undertaking BI software migration to consolidate data and make most of customer information. Read more about the software migration project.
- Government unified communications: Efficiency and security challenges
Unified communications in government agencies can boost productivity, but agencies must take special security precautions.
- IOUG President talks Exadata, middleware
IOUG President Andrew Flowers spoke about the topics that are top-of-mind for members of the Independent Oracle Users Group, including Exadata, virtualization and middleware.
- Patch Tuesday fixes address critical flaws in Windows, IE
Fixes in October?s Patch Tuesday release are fewer than recent releases, although six of the eight bulletins involve remote code execution flaws and should be implemented quickly.
- Predictive analytics and ?big data?: The good, the bad and the ugly
Ventana Research?s David Menninger explores how the onslaught of ?big data? has influenced predictive analytics.
- SNIA unveils 'Emerald' power measurement standard
The Storage Networking Industry Association has released a new Power Efficiency Measurement Specification, dubbed SNIA Emerald.