Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, October 13, 2011
- Tackling big problems with free business intelligence tools
Learn how free business intelligence tools helped data scientist Brand Niemann to recreate multi-million dollar databases. Discover new software on the BI market and see how SaaS BI vendors are improving their products.
- Best of VMworld Europe 2010 winner adopts Cisco UCS
An Italian bank expands its virtual infrastructure to meet growing needs after winning the ?Best virtualisation and server consolidation project? award at VMworld Europe 2010.
- EMC launches channel-only Data Domain backup deduplication appliance
EMC offers channel-only Data Domain DD160 backup deduplication appliance for SMBs and remote offices, upgrades channel-only VNXe unified storage system.
- RSA Europe Conference 2011: Nation state groups behind RSA attack
RSA revealed a ?nation state? was behind the SecurID attack in March. Twitter and Facebook are still banned at RSA.
- Microsoft folds Hadoop into SQL Server 2012, Windows Azure
Microsoft said it will release SQL Server 2012, formerly Denali, next year and detailed its Hadoop-based strategy for handling the explosion of big data at the PASS 2011 conference.
- HP?s changes, IBM i2 acquisition head September 2011 blogs
More changes at HP, including webOS employee layoffs and a new VP of channel sales, and IBM?s move to improve its data analytics position by acquiring i2 led September?s blogs.
- Infoblox boosts core network services scalability to handle mobility
With Multi-Grid Management (MGM), Infoblox increased the scalability and manageability of its core network services technology, including DNS, DHCP and IP address management.
- IT pros to Dell: Stop chiding HP and start innovating
At Dell World, Dell executives had plenty to say about HP. IT pros might have preferred the vendor discussed new investments in Dell's own client devices.
- IT security pros acknowledge network security weaknesses, configuration issues
Improperly configured network devices and the inability to measure the network security posture make most IT organizations incapable of finding gaps in their systems, according to a new survey.
- Feature Pack 3 for SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 offers 4.1 functionality early
SAP plans to release Feature Pack 3 for BusinessObjects, which will arrive between Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 4 and include functionality that was originally planned for the 4.1 release.
- SAP manufacturing sustainability software helps Panasonic recycle e-waste
According to the electronics manufacturer, SAP's REA module was crucial to administering take-back programs required by Europe?s tough environmental laws, though it wasn't easy.