Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, October 18, 2011
- Why trust Apple in the cloud?
Apple's recent cloud services problems say a lot about the challenges of real-time services in the cloud. Namely, think twice about who you trust to store data and applications.
- VMware management strategy comes into focus with new tools
Users are glad to see VMware knitting together products from various acquisitions with new virtualization management tools, though the tools remain works in progress.
- Top five virtualization problems: Building a private cloud
Blogger Josh Stephens lists building a private cloud as one of his top five virtualization problems. Why? For one, it's hard to even know what makes a private cloud.
- Cloud collaboration, security on display at G20 Summit
Cloud security continues to be a major concern for CIOs, but the Canadian government's trust in the security of a cloud collaboration tool to handle sensitive international economic data may?.
- Cloud analytics: the future, but not today
Cloud analytics might seem an ideal marriage but it is still at a getting to know you stage. Nevertheless, analysts predict a happy future, while Pandora Radio uses data analytics to target customers.
- Tintri upgrades VM storage appliance, features
Startup Tintri adds dual-controller, larger-capacity versions of its virtual machine storage appliance with a VM auto-alignment feature.
- Cisco takes a different tack with VXLAN
The Nexus 1000V with VXLAN support is now out in beta, but Cisco officials say inter-data center VM mobility is not a day-one use case.
- Hyperion Enterprise Planning 18.104.22.168 release date and features
Hyperion Enterprise Planning 22.214.171.124 is scheduled to be released early next year. Here are some of the features.
- New Duqu malware shares Stuxnet code similarities
Symantec researchers said an early analysis of Duqu has found that it could be a precursor to a future Stuxnet-like attack.
- CIOs giving business a competitive edge with Agile practices
Enterprises are relying on the CIO for faster time to market and faster time to value through the use of Agile practices.
- Cisco enhances Nexus 7000, boosts data center network scalability
With enhancements to the Nexus line, Cisco is offering more scalability and choice in the data center network than ever before.
- Forrester sees a shift from 'stovepiped' data integration strategies
Companies need to rethink their approaches to data integration in the age of cloud computing and mobile applications, according to Forrester Research.
- New Management Tools from VMware Target CIOs
VMware has released a suite of new management tools with top level management now a focus.
- Disaster Recovery Not Keeping Up With Cloud
A recent survey by Acronis reveals that companies aren't updating their DR plans as they move to cloud solutions.