Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, October 19, 2011
- Feature Pack 3 for SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 offers 4.1 functionality early
SAP plans to release Feature Pack 3 for BusinessObjects, which will arrive between Service Pack 2 and Service Pack 4 and include functionality that was originally planned for the 4.1 release.
- From the Editors: Oracle-vs.-SAP data quality vendor fight heats up
Increased competition for data quality market share is brewing between enterprise software rivals Oracle and SAP, says Gartner. Read about that and other recent data management news.
- TechTarget announces Best of VMworld Europe 2011 user awards
Check out the winners of the Best of VMworld Europe 2011 user awards to see which vendors delivered the best virtualisation technologies this year.
- As recession looms, Gartner says CIO role should generate revenue
As the economy continues to falter and IT consumerization rises to the fore, Gartner shines a new light on the CIO role: Think less service provider, more revenue driver.
- Vendors offer incentives for sticking with legacy ERP
Upgrade credits, maintenance discounts, and free licenses are among the enticements to stay.
- Microsoft retooling SQL Server Master Data Services after 'vexing' debut
Microsoft?s master data management product in SQL Server, Master Data Services, drew tepid reviews from users, but the company has high hopes for a revamped release.
- Preparing for latest security attacks means planning for failure
Any security defence may, at some point, fail. Experts at RSA Europe said security pros must be agile to dodge the latest security attacks.
- Coraid adds cloud orchestration vendor Yunteq to its technology stable
Coraid looks to cloud orchestration and management vendor Yunteq to expand its cloud capabilities and accelerate its ability to build Ethernet SANs for cloud providers.
- Software development: Benefits of pairing programmers with non-programmers
In this interview, consultant Lanette Creamer answers questions about how testers or others involved in software development can benefit from learning the language of programmers, even if they are not programmers themselves.
- Pivot3, GreenBytes launch VDI storage systems
Pivot3 and GreenBytes address unique requirements of virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) storage with new iSCSI SANs.
- Agile testing games at STPCon with Lanette Creamer
In this interview, software consultant Lanette Creamer explains what Agile testing games are and how they can be used to develop the skills of software testers.
- VMware to support hardware accelerated graphics in View 5
IT pros that deliver VMware View virtual desktops can expand their VDI environment to power users once View supports NVIDIA 3D graphics.
- Dell pulls the plug on EMC relationship
Headlines: Dell officially ended its 10-year partnership with EMC. It will no longer sell EMC products after making a series of storage acquisitions over the past four years.