Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, November 1, 2011
- New Duqu Trojan analysis questions Stuxnet connection
Despite striking similarities in the Duqu kernel driver, the ultimate payloads of Duqu and Stuxnet are significantly different and unrelated, according to a report from Dell SecureWorks researchers.
- Next generation SIEM could boost network visibility, but platforms must scale, experts say
Can security information and event management systems be the foundation for comprehensive IT data analytics? Powerful correlation engines and sharper analytical capabilities are forthcoming, analysts say.
- Symcor moves IT service management to the cloud, beefs up BI
A Canadian financial services processing provider saved money and manpower by moving to IT service management firm ServiceNow and redeploying staff to BI and development projects.
- Digital users come first with mobile app buoyed by big data
Kaplan Inc.'s chief digital officer caters to the digital user by focusing on mobile app design when shaping content. CIOs should do the same and consider the user experience, say experts.
- Best practices for sticking with a legacy ERP system
Instead of migrating to a new ERP platform, manufacturers can continue to reap benefits from a legacy ERP system by using these best practices.
- Spectra Logic releases 3.6 exabyte T-Finity enterprise tape library
Spectra Logic launched its latest high-capacity enterprise tape library, with new management software and features to lengthen the useful lifespan of tapes.
- HP has high hopes for low-energy ARM servers
HP says the biggest social media companies are chomping at the bit to try its new low-energy ARM-based server design.