Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, November 4, 2011
- No Duqu zero-day patch yet, but Microsoft offers workaround
A full-blown Duqu zero-day patch won?t be ready for the November 2011 Patch Tuesday release, but experts say enterprises should be ready to deploy it quickly.
- JRC IPTS reaps rewards of desktop virtualisation project
JRC IPTS launched a project to run customised, high-performance virtual machines. The resulting benefits won it the Best Desktop Virtualisation award at VMworld Europe 2011.
- NIST goes into detail on cloud's future, areas for improvement
In its 200-page behemoth of a report on cloud adoption, NIST lists interoperability, security and portability as areas needing improvement.
- The Best of vForum 2011 awards: A roundup
Instituted by SearchDataCenter.in and supported by VMware, The Best of vForum 2011 awards saw the best of India Inc battling it out for the honors.
- EMC upgrades Kazeon litigation support software, more storage news
EMC expands support for its SourceOne eDiscovery ? Kazeon 4.6 litigation support software; Fujitsu makes Eternus high-end system a modular array; and more data storage news.
- Week in review podcast: Spectra Logic tape library, Bocada VM backup reporting
TechTarget's Storage Media Group reports on product releases from Spectra Logic, Bocada and from a Storage Decisions conference for intelligence community professionals.
- Wireshark update fixes vulnerabilities, bugs; adds no new teeth
Updates to cross-platform open source network protocol analyzer Wireshark fixes three vulnerabilities and a bevy of program bugs.
- Developing a predictive analytics program doable on a limited budget
Analysts and consultants provide tips on how to set up an effective predictive analytics program without breaking the bank.
- SMB 2.2 in Windows Server 8 could help Microsoft?s cloud fortunes
Corporate and third-party developers believe Microsoft?s support of the SMB 2.2 protocol could bolster its competitive chances in the cloud and virtualization markets.?
- News Roundup: SQL Server 2012, Server 8 storage and Patch Tuesday
Get the latest on SQL Server SKUs, learn how the Server 8 team prioritized storage, and get a preview of Patch Tuesday in this week's news summary.