Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, November 10, 2011
- New book explores benefits, perils of data virtualization tools
Data virtualization tools are becoming more mature, according to Composite Software's Robert Eve. Learn more about data virtualization tools.
- Sirius, Match.com, DirecTV share social customer service, mobile plans
Customer service groups push forward with mobile, social plans to meet customers on their platforms of choice.
- WAN optimization improves throughput for medical images
High-resolution images can tax any network. The problem is multiplied when bandwidth is scarce. That's why a rural Mississippi medical imaging firm turned to WAN optimization.
- Brocade?s stackable switch: The low-cost alternative to Catalyst 3750?
With its new stackable switch, Brocade offers an alternative to Cisco?s Catalyst 3750 with plenty of bandwidth and features and a much lower price.
- Royal Mail delivers enterprise master data management
The Royal Mail has delivered a master data management programme stemming from a new electronic data warehouse and BI initiative. Project team leaders claim a people-plus-technology synthesis.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant: Efficiency driving ECM software, market growth
Gartner?s annual Magic Quadrant for enterprise content management (ECM) shows spending on ECM software grew in 2009 and 2010, mainly because of the productivity gains the technology can provide.
- Providers in emerging markets seek carrier-grade cloud solutions
Telecom service providers in emerging markets that want to offer cloud services see value in buying carrier-grade cloud solutions that eliminate the need to build their own.
- At Sapphire, SAP commits to new in-memory, mobile and cloud apps
SAP is introducing a number of new applications and products at its SapphireNow conference in Madrid, including the ability for users to run SAP BusinessWarehouse on HANA.
- SNW Europe 2011: Cloud location matters to secure cloud data storage
Storing data in the cloud? Secure cloud data storage means knowing exactly where data is located, duplicated and backed up.
- New security features for GFI WebMonitor; Encase Cybersecurity 4.3
Our roundup of IT compliance tools highlights new security features from both GFI Software and Guidance Software, and a risk management dashboard from Dow Jones Risk & Compliance.
- Oracle woos Sun faithful with Solaris 11
Oracle went back to Sun?s Wall Street roots to make the case for Solaris 11 and continued investment in the legacy Unix platform.
- Virtualization management tools, embracing green-tech head October blogs
VMware and Citrix released new tools in October to help configure, deploy and manage virtualization platforms. Ingram Micro also inked a deal with a green-tech rating tool, and the Veeam ProPartner program caught the attention of some VARs.
- Coraid expands ANZ presence
Ethernet SAN solutions developer has invested $50M towards international expansion and increasing its ANZ presence.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant finds growing demand for data integration tools
Data integration tools are in high demand as organizations seek to cope with a slew of relatively new data management challenges, according to Gartner.