Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, November 14, 2011
- Gartner Magic Quadrant finds growing demand for data integration tools
The data integration market is growing as users seek to cope with a slew of data management challenges, according to a Gartner Magic Quadrant report.
- When it comes to ERP vs. best of breed procurement, no one size fits all
Most companies can no longer get by purely on ERP procurement tools and must look to best-of-breed vendors for niche functionality, according to experts.
- Looking into SAP HANA? Do your homework first
Customers thinking about SAP HANA and in-memory technology should consider a few questions before pursuing it. Read why SAP shops should also factor ROI into their decision.
- Preparation for ICD-10 codes varies tremendously among providers
As the ICD-10 transition deadline approaches, providers face many hurdles. Some are more prepared than others. This five-part series examines what must be done, why and how.
- IOM report poised to shape EHR safety regulation
EHR safety will likely get new scrutiny in the wake of an Institute of Medicine report. It remains to be seen if the FDA, ONC, TJC or some other entity will do the watchdog work.
- To gauge vendor's ICD-10 readiness, turn to its partners
When hospitals ask vendors if they are ready for ICD-10, they need to know if the vendors' partners are ready. After all, each software application has its own ICD-10 challenges.
- Agile Manifesto interpretations: The importance of individuals and interactions
Couched in terms of Agile development, Howard and Rogers explore the importance of strong leadership, communication, collaboration and teamwork using techniques such as self-directed teams and DISC analysis to understand communication styles in their new book.
- Agile is a culture, not a process
Many people think of ?Agile? as a methodology such as Scrum, and compare it to a Waterfall style of software development. However, Ken Howard and Barry Rogers explain in their book that Agile is a culture, not a process. In this second part of a two-part interview with Howard and Rogers, we look more at what constitutes Agile teams and leadership.
- HP partners not buying what Oracle is selling
Even after all the recent problems with the HP Personal Systems Group, HP partners aren?t being swayed by Oracle?s widely publicized attempts to bring them in.
- Without enforcement, a mobile device security policy alone falls short
Experts say an enterprise mobile device security policy alone will fall short without the technology to enforce it.
- DDN HPC storage calculates risk
Storage roundup: DDN HPC storage calculates risk; BBC Wales gets Object Matrix NAS; Arkivium to use IBM tape; CommVault expands global support from Reading; and more news.
- Gartner's Top 10 Trends for CIOs
At this weeks Gartner Symposium CIOs will be hearing and sharing what's important to them. Here are Gartner's Top 10 Trends for the next five years.