Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
- NetApp announces Big Data solutions as market grows
In the quest to manage Big Data, NetApp has announced new solutions to manage the growth in unstructured data in a dynamic market
- IT staffing models: Versatility versus specialization
A sea change is coming to IT staffing. Here's how IT executives are matching IT staffing models to business needs and business value.
- Arc Advisory Group: Manufacturers lining up for new QRC systems
Wide-ranging supply chains, regulations and demanding customers are fueling a need for quality, risk and compliance (QRC) systems among manufacturers, according to a new report.
- Confusion over APT attacks leads to misguided security effort
Enterprises swayed by vendor marketing and a lack of understanding still fail to adequately counter advanced persistent threats (APT).
- From the Editors: Advice to help conquer your 'big data' challenges
"Big data" is creating new questions and challenges for IT and data management pros. We're here to help, with articles offering expert advice on big-data management best practices and pitfalls.
- Effective social media strategy: A must for success in a social world
Successful organizations develop a formal enterprise social media strategy. According to Altimeter Group, they do this by moving through five stages representing a social business hierarchy of needs.
- Talent, culture viewed as absolutes for marketing analytics programs
Henry Stewart Marketing Analytics 2011 conference attendees believe a program?s success lies with the right kind of talent, but the appropriate skill set isn?t always easy to find.
- New malware signed with government digital certificate
New malware that is signed with a valid digital certificate once belonging to the Malaysian government has been discovered by researchers at F-Secure.
- Video analytics: Are BOBJ 4.0 customers watching you?
Some SAP BusinessObjects 4.0 retail customers are experimenting with video analytics, an area that SAP says is ripe with potential for those interested in consumer behavior.
- Fusion-io braces for competition with bigger, faster PCIe flash device
Headlines: As competitors crop up to challenge Fusion-io, the vendor responds with increased capacity and improved performance on its ioDrive Octal PCIe flash device.