Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, November 18, 2011
- ISC issues temporary patch for zero-day BIND 9 DNS server flaw
A temporary patch has been released for BIND 9 DNS servers, mitigating a zero-day vulnerability causing server crashes. It's unclear if exploits are in the wild.
- VMware ships vCloud Connector 1.5: News in brief
VMware says customers can ease in to a hybrid cloud with vCloud Connector 1.5. Plus: other virtualization news from Neverfail, Reflex and more.
- Network access control services: Partner flexibly, customer visibility
Network access control services offer customers visibility into network activity, higher security and tighter restrictions, while partners expand their knowledge and portfolios.
- AMA opposes implementing ICD-10; industry leaders react
The American Medical Association opposes ICD-10 and aims to seek an 'appropriate replacement,' but those who have invested millions in the switch say they won't change their plans.
- Symantec leaves Huawei Symantec joint venture, other data storage news
Huawei buys out its Huawei Symantec joint venture partner, storage startup NexGen gets $10 million in funding, Penguin adds Dot Hill for HPC storage and more news.
- Experts divulge the keys to marketing analytics success
Henry Stewart Marketing Analytics 2011 conference participants offer tips on how to make a marketing analytics program successful.
- News Roundup: Changes for Windows Update and Windows Embedded
Admins frustrated with the Windows Update process will welcome the latest Windows 8 news; users of Windows Embedded operating systems should prepare for changes, too.
- iPhone overtakes BlackBerry in businesses, report says: News in brief
The iPhone is top dog among business users, a new study says. Plus: news on Google, Motorola and a laptop that runs both Windows and Android.
- Predictive analytics project challenge: Keeping the faith in findings
Consultants and analytics pros say targeting clear business needs and demonstrating "small wins" are keys to getting business buy-in for acting on the recommendations of predictive analytics tools.
- Maximize SAP Solution Manager for automated reporting and monitoring
Discover how automated reporting and monitoring functionality enables administrators to see problems before they affect users.