Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, November 28, 2011
- Government publishes UK Cyber Security Strategy to protect public
The government?s UK cyberscurity strategy includes a new crime unit, more certifications, increased public education, and the creation of kitemarks.
- Research institute deploys 100 Gigabit Ethernet from core to closet
Howard Hughes Medical Institute deployed 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) out to its wiring closets with Brocade to support 10 GbE endpoints and high-performance computing.
- For companies going mobile, is SAP Sybase necessary?
A lot of companies that run SAP are either thinking of going mobile. But does that mean going with the Sybase Unwired Platform?
- Thailand floods have NetApp treading water
Headlines: NetApp is concerned about how the hard drive shortage caused by Thailand floods will affect sales, which prompted the vendor to lower its forecast for next quarter.
- Twitter acquires WhisperSystems mobile security technology
Twitter acquired WhisperSystems, a firm that makes mobile encryption and firewall technology for Android devices.
- Experts say strategy, governance key for cloud content management
Understanding requirements and devising a strategic plan are best practices to consider when launching a cloud content management project.
- VMware vSphere Storage Appliance: Devil's in the details
SMBs should read the fine print before deploying VMware?s vSphere Storage Appliance, according to some who have kicked the tires on the product.