Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, December 1, 2011
- Decisions on cloud BI tools require an accounting of SaaS pros, cons
Software as a Service business intelligence technology offers some inherent advantages over on-premises BI systems. But there are potential disadvantages to be aware of as well.
- IT, BI pros share their secrets to 'big data' analytics success
Planning for exponential growth and getting business users involved early are two of the keys to a successful "big data" analytics initiative, according to IT professionals.
- Adobe Flex update patches flaw in Flex application development framework
A coding error in the Adobe Flex SDK could cause developers to create applications with cross-site scripting issues, according to an advisory issued by Adobe Systems.
- Ruckus joins real-time wireless channel selection fray
With real-time wireless channel selection, Ruckus is promising advanced RF management and optimization, but testing for the technology is still in order.
- HANA?s promises of speed and simpler landscapes have customers listening
While some customers are wondering why they need to spend yet more money on their BI operations, SAP contends their HANA in-memory appliance and its applications are an IT game changer.
- Does the cloud need an app store? CA says yes with cloud marketplace
Imagine a world with iPads but no App Store. That's the state of the cloud ecosystem, says CA Technologies, which opened a new cloud marketplace for providers and IT buyers.
- Private cloud computing over the wide area network
Stephen Smoot, author of ?Private Cloud Computing,? answers questions WAN managers may have about private cloud computing over the wide area network.
- Will cloud-enabled ?everything as-a-service? forever change IT?
Verizon Wireless outlines how the future of cloud-enabled ecosystems could change the way networking works for the better, using the ?everything as-a-service? network management protocol.
- VIP Art Fair picks OpDemand over RightScale for IaaS management
VIP Art Fair saved 40% on its IT budget by managing its Infrastructure as a Service with tools from OpDemand.
- VMware coaxes vSphere 5 upgrades with new VMFS, SRM
Updates to the vSphere file system and host-based replication are the unsung heroes of vSphere 5, experts say.
- Gartner AADI 2011: Manes says software architecture must change
Application infrastructure must change to support varied clients and an abundance of programmable Web interfaces, said SOA notable Anne Manes.