Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, December 5, 2011
- SharePoint-BI integration: business intelligence data for everyone
Integrating the collaboration platform SharePoint 2010 with SQL Server has gotten much easier and can open up business intelligence data to more end users across the enterprise.
- How MDM is revolutionising enterprise mobile needs via secure device management
The proliferation of consumer devices in the enterprise is creating demand for enterprise mobile device management (MDM) solutions, but are they secure enough?
- ?Big data? technologies emerge to battle large, complex data sets
?Big data? technologies that allow the storage, management and analysis of big data are on stream: NoSQL, Hadoop, MapReduce. Mark Whitehorn explains the reasons for their emergence and how they work.
- Experience more important than VCP, VMware users say
The VMware Certified Professional is still a must-have virtualization certification, but with so many VCPs out there, IT pros say experience matters more than ever.
- Social channels changing contact center certification
Contact centers will see overhauled programs for certifications next year that address the full range of channels, with emphasis on social media technology.
- Office 365 matures, inches into enterprises
Microsoft?s Office 365, has a ways to go before all components are enterprise ready, but the email portion of the cloud suite appears ready for its close up.
- Actifio picks up $33.5M in funding to push PAS data protection appliance
Startup Actifio closes funding round to develop its Protection and Availability Storage (PAS) appliance that replaces data protection point products.
- Alignment, governance critical for content management implementation success
Experts agree there are certain critical factors that can help guide any successful enterprise content management implementation. Organizations should begin with some well-defined steps.
- Concerned about tablet security issues? Some are, others not so much
Users love their tablets, but security pros are concerned about tablet security issues. However, though tablets bring new threats, not everyone is ringing the alarm.