Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, December 8, 2011
- Euro 2012?s communications infrastructure to boost football technology
Orange and TP must deliver a communications infrastructure to ensure Euro 2012 is broadcast worldwide without glitches. SearchNetworkingUK discusses the challenges.
- Digital marketing strategies demand deeper understanding of customer behaviors
Companies can cash in on customers? increasing use of social and mobile channels, as long as they target their messages and don?t overstay their welcome.
- IT shops scrutinize Office 365 while clutching on-premises apps
Microsoft adds communication and collaboration muscle to Office 365, but IT shops are still concerned about interoperability and costs.
- ERP or best-of-breed procurement software? Five questions to ask
Deciding between ERP and best-of-breed procurement software can be a tough challenge for manufacturers. Asking the right questions can make things easier, according to experts.
- Content analytics business case requires user education, clear goals
Building a text and content analytics business case requires not only traditional legwork for management buy-in, but greater education because the technology is unfamiliar ground for many people.
- Betting it all on data-mining competitions and prize economics
As prize economics extends into data analytics, a new website plans to turn the Netflix Prize into a business model for companies and organizations seeking help with predictive algorithms.
- Adtran WLAN access points enable integrated wireless and wired network
With a software upgrade to its Bluesocket wireless access points, Adtran offers an integrated wireless and wired network option.
- Android app security: Study finds mobile developers creating flawed Android apps
A study of enterprise applications designed for Android devices found over 40% of Android applications contain hard-coded cryptographic keys, a practice that weakens Android app security.
- DC power: Coming soon to a data center near you?
As data center operators look for new ways to improve energy efficiency, a move to DC power is all but inevitable, some experts say.
- Media firm develops NBA social media app with perfect PaaS
Learn how MaxMedia constructed a social media application under a tight deadline using a Platform as a Service (PaaS) offering from Engine Yard.
- Questions, doubts greet upcoming SAP HANA developer kit
While some are intrigued with the idea of SAP releasing a HANA software development kit (SDK) next year, there are questions about how it will work and whether SAP is up to supporting the application.
- Microsoft prepares for 14 bulletins, no indication of Duqu repair
Microsoft is preparing to addressing 20 vulnerabilities for its December Patch Tuesday, including flaws in Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player and Microsoft Publisher
- ComScore moves 'big data' analytics environment from Cloudera to MapR
The IT team at Web intelligence firm comScore Inc. talks about their growing "big data" analytics initiative.