Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
- Solving 7 common business intelligence issues
This article presents some new signs that business intelligence environments may be in peril, in the process offering a checklist for success in 2007.
- Google tosses malicious Android apps from Android Market
A developer uploaded more than a dozen cloned games, wrapping them in code that caused device owners to accrue expensive text messaging charges to premium numbers.
- Network software bugs: Are Cisco and others doing enough?
The IT industry is programmed to believe that network software bugs are par for the course, but are networking vendors like Cisco doing enough to prevent the problem?
- IT pros reject big storage for newcomers
Many IT pros find that legacy storage isn't right for virtual desktops. Here, three companies explain the alternatives they chose to improve performance and lower storage costs.
- Out with the old, in with the new? ERP upgrade not so clear-cut
One small manufacturer is mulling over which much-loved customizations to ditch as it prepares to migrate to a newer version of its ERP software.
- Mobile device management on IT's wish list this holiday season
Mobile device management is a year-round concern, but IT shops are preparing for a rush on mobile devices after the holidays with off-the-shelf and cloud services.
- Network reliability to win over innovation in 2012, says Cisco survey
Cisco?s first TechWatch 2012 report finds network reliability as opposed to innovation or performance is the most important factor for network architects in the new year ahead.
- December 2011 Patch Tuesday sees 13 Microsoft bulletins, Duqu patch
Microsoft?s 13 security bulletins included critical Windows and Windows Media Player updates.