Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, December 16, 2011
- Panzura embraces object-based storage partners, other storage news
Cloud storage gateway startup Panzura adds support for object-based storage from Scality, AmpliStor and OpenStack; Atlantis Computing ILIO supports Hyper-V; more data storage news.
- Everything Everywhere spends ?1.5bn on network expansion: News briefs
SearchNetworkingUK briefs provide a summary of the week?s new product, services and appointment announcements. This week is filled with signs of network expansion.
- Salesforce, SAP, Oracle get ready for HR software battle
With the planned acquisition of Rypple, cloud giant Salesforce.com intends to target SAP and Oracle in the human resources software market.
- More Microsoft iOS apps hit App Store: News in brief
Microsoft released an iOS SkyDrive app and added iPad support for OneNote. Plus: news on Box, YouSendIt and a dangerous Angry Birds clone.
- Red Hat open sources RHEV virtualization management tool
Red Hat says the new oVirt project to develop its RHEV-M will result in sophisticated open source virtualization management tools, but so far it?s being met with a lukewarm response.
- Q&A: Lack of trust in predictive analytics models can snarl projects
In an interview, predictive analytics consultant Eric Siegel offers advice on building organizational trust in the findings of predictive models -- and warns how the process can go wrong.
- News roundup: Azure embraces open source, Microsoft opens Answer Desk
Microsoft announced several updates to Azure, its cloud computing platform, this week.