Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, December 20, 2011
- How v4.0 is a Bluetooth piconet test for enterprise wireless managers
Hailed as a ?second revolution?, v4.0 introduces a host of new ?smart? Bluetooth piconet challenges for an enterprise wireless manager. SearchNetworkingUK investigates.
- Top 10 wide area network (WAN) news stories of 2011
What happened in the world of wide area networks (WANs) this year? Look back at the top 10 WAN news stories of 2011.
- BOBJ 4.0, acquisitions, and BW on HANA among the top stories of 2011
SearchSAP examines the biggest stories of 2011, from the debut of BusinessObjects 4.0 and SAP Business Warehouse on HANA, to confusion over SAP?s on-demand roadmap.
- Why businesses should care about proposed Protect IP, SOPA pirating laws
Legislation is aimed at stopping piracy, but security professionals and industry groups say it could weaken security, hamper innovation and limit competition among small businesses and startups.
- Top cloud computing news even the Mayans couldn?t predict
Cloud computing vendors have heard their share of cheers and jeers in 2011. Our team reports on the top cloud newsmakers of the year.
- Critical Windows 7 zero-day vulnerability could lead to iFrame attacks
Danish vulnerability clearinghouse Secunia is warning of a highly critical memory corruption zero-day vulnerability that could be targeted by attackers. Proof-of-concept code has been published.
- Top 5 consumerization of IT news stories of 2011
It was a big year for consumerization as personal mobile devices and cloud services made serious inroads with businesses. Count down the stories that really got people talking.
- Top 10 server virtualization news stories of 2011
New technologies, new products and new controversies made headlines in 2011. Find out which made our list of the top server virtualization news.
- VSphere 5, Xen top list of biggest server virtualization news stories
Part two of our top 10 server virtualization news stories of 2011 covers the release of VMware vSphere 5, the vSphere 5 licensing controversy and Linux support for Xen.
- Proposed limits to overtime pay for IT workers could hamstring CIOs
A new bill limiting overtime pay for IT workers has provoked vehement opposition from rank-and-file IT workers -- and could pose problems for CIOs.
- Mobile ERP, social media rank among manufacturing technology trends of 2011
2011 saw growing interest in social media and mobile ERP as well as BI and cloud computing to meet challenges of global supply chains.