Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, December 22, 2011
- Cloud computing market 2012: Bringing the cloud into the network
Four cloud providers share their visions for the 2012 cloud computing market and lessons learned from 2011. First, Integra Telecom shares its network-centric cloud strategy.
- Four technologies that will shape 2012 solutions
Four technologies are expected to drive solution provider businesses in 2012. These include Android smartphones and the business-friendly ultrabook.
- Improve system efficiency and performance optimization across systems
When the system landscape includes multiple vendors, learn how third-party applications can increase system efficiency and performance optimization.
- Social, acquisitions, CEM topped CRM news in 2011
In 2011, CRM professionals were faced with acquisitive vendors, a social tidal wave, a push for mobile computing and the never-ending demands for better, faster customer management systems.
- Tejon Ranch ropes together database, records management software
The sprawling Tejon Ranch in California is working with IBM, Oracle and Iron Mountain to rustle up a robust records management system.
- Data storage industry preview 2012: Rise of SSDs and clarity for cloud
SearchStorage.com's 2012 data storage industry preview: flash and virtualization continue to rise, NetApp and Dell are on the hot seat, and EMC prepares for life after Tucci.
- Virtual desktops in 2012: It's all about the apps
In 2012, VDI will be just one way to deliver desktops. IT pros will use various forms of desktop virtualization to deliver enterprise apps to mobile end users.
- Year in review: 'Big data' gets big chunk of news in 2011
The term ?big data? took on bigger meaning in 2011 with new product releases from major vendors as well as new terminology to describe the big data analytics landscape.
- Government reseller helps Wisconsin National Guard virtualize storage
Read about how SwishData helped the Wisconsin Army National Guard virtualize storage and servers in a move to eliminate its silos of data and consolidate physical resources.
- Top data storage acquisitions: SSD technology in demand
In 2011, data storage acquisitions highlighted the demand for SSD technology and continued innovation in the industry.
- From the Editors: Looking back, looking ahead on advanced analytics
Big-data analytics and other forms of advanced analytics will be a big battleground for BI vendors in 2012. Our recent coverage highlights that, and ways users can up their analytics game.