Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, January 9, 2012
- 2012: The year of business tablet use
Apple?s iPad leads the expected boom of, business tablet use this year. Enterprise iPad use is taking off because IT pros like the iPad?s security and management options.
- Software development: CAST study identifies massive technical debt
A recent study conducted by CAST used their Application Intelligence Platform to evaluate the structural quality of 365 million lines of code. In this interview with CAST?s chief scientist Dr. Bill Curtis, he discusses the study and what IT decision makers can do about technical debt.
- 'Big data' to inspire streamlined analytics programs in '12, IIA predicts
Faculty members from the International Institute for Analytics weigh in on their predictions for 2012.
- Cattles' lost backup tapes highlight risk of unencrypted data storage
Cattles Group lost backup tapes containing 1.4 million unencrypted customer records. The incident highlights the risks of removable storage.
- Ramnit malware data out-of-date, social network says
A Facebook spokesperson said the malware is not propagating on the social network.
- Staying vigilant key to meeting regulatory compliance standards
Regulatory compliance standards, users and threats are becoming increasingly sophisticated as technology evolves. To stay compliant in 2012, you need a proactive approach.