Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, February 3, 2012
- Palmer's College scores on virtualisation, data centre consolidation
Palmer's College's virtualisation and data centre consolidation project did not just improve IT efficiency and scalability, but also saves on data centre cooling costs.
- VCP 5 certification course deadline looms over VMware pros
VMware pros who are under pressure to complete their VCP 5 exam before Feb. 29 to avoid additional requirements yearn for Microsoft-style exams, which don?t require costly courses.
- Adobe makes pitch for defensive security research to cripple exploit writing
Adobe security and privacy director Brad Arkin urges the security industry to focus on the latest exploit techniques and develop mitigations that make exploit writing costly.
- As SAP R/3 support fades, upgrades to ECC 6.0 accelerate
With the clock ticking on the end of SAP R/3 support and maintenance, the pace of customers upgrading to SAP ECC 6.0 is picking up, according to a survey of SearchSAP.com readers.
- Microsoft spurs Browsium to rewrite tool for running IE6 on Windows 7
Microsoft has spurred Browsium to rewrite its tool for running IE6 on Windows 7, limiting the security threat posed by continued use of IE6.