Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, February 21, 2012
- Medway Youth Trust wins Gartner BI excellence award for text analytics
Medway Youth Trust has won a Gartner Business Intelligence Excellence award for its use of text analytics to identify young people at risk of becoming NEET -- not in employment, education or training.
- YouGov migrates far-flung data centre back home
Faced with power outages and minimal control of its own IT infrastructure, YouGov migrated a distant data centre to a colocation provider in its own backyard.
- Health care CIOs must be champions of information exchange
CIOs at a pre-HIMSS 2012 forum learned that information exchange is more than just federal HIE mandates. It's also a tool for getting clinical, administrative staff to cooperate.
- Nicira network virtualization architecture: The VMware of networking?
In this Q&A, Nicira Networks' Martin Casado and Alan S. Cohen explain why their network virtualization architecture may be the VMware of networking.
- CIO takes ?bottom up? approach, with a BI platform built for ERP
An IT exec schooled in database design chooses a "bottom-up" BI platform developed expressly for his ERP system, with a little help from an outsider.
- Green manufacturing standout sees carbon accounting software as next step
Company wanted carbon reporting for its Epicor 9 ERP system but worried about integration. New vendor partnership with sustainabillity consultant did the trick.
- GreenBytes joins all-flash storage parade with Solidarity
GreenBytes get into the all-flash storage game with Solidarity, which offers primary storage data reduction and scales to 13.5 TB of MLC SSDs.
- Mitel and VMware roll out integrated virtual desktop and phone
If your enterprise has a VMware-centric VDI initiative, why not pair it with Mitel's virtual softphone application and kill two birds with one stone?
- HIMSS leadership survey: Staff, not money, top health IT need
The latest leadership survey from HIMSS Analytics shows that, for the first time, staffing needs outweigh financial needs when it comes to achieving health IT strategic plans.
- Mobile security, BYOD policy issues to trend at RSA 2012, analysts say
BYOD policy issues are a big concern for enterprises grappling to secure employee smartphones and tablets, say analysts previewing RSA 2012.