Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, February 23, 2012
- Oil, gas companies cut downtime with predictive analytics software
Predictive analytics is being used in the oil and gas industry to better manage asset maintenance on capital equipment. And a more enterprisewide adoption of the technology is predicted.
- KPIT leverages VDI solution?s success
In order to reduce refresh cycle costs of 1200 desktops, KPIT Cummins opted for a VDI solution. We take a look at KPIT?s implementation journey.
- Data discovery vendors cast spell in Gartner Magic Quadrant for BI
Business users turn to data discovery vendors like Tibco, Tableau and QlikTech for easy-to-use and easy-to-deploy analytics tools, much to the chagrin of IT, according to Gartner.
- Network Access Control solutions for mobility: Vendor comparison
New NAC solutions have emerged to handle the influx of personal devices on the enterprise network, but each vendor takes a different approach to granting access.
- Building a cloud ecosystem: Providers enlist MSPs to join their empires
Wholesalers and software vendors are building cloud ecosystems with smaller cloud providers and MSPs that are hungry for customers but starved for resources.
- Top 5 questions to ask before buying an ERP system
A manufacturer and an industry expert offer advice on ERP software selection.
- Governance key to creating effective health data warehouse
Many people want a health data warehouse to do many things, often at a moment's notice. That's why a governance committee should oversee its use, HIMSS 2012 attendees learned.
- With V2.0, ArchiMate gains a stronger TOGAF foothold
The Open Group recently released the ArchiMate 2.0 modeling language for enterprise architecture, adding important hooks to the broader TOGAF tool set.
- Prolexic to introduce DDoS mitigation service plan PLXconnect
Denial-of-service attack mitigation company Prolexic will announce PLXconnect at the 2012 RSA conference.
- Akamai releases Web security monitoring platform Kona Site Defender
Akamai Technologies? limited release Kona Site Defender will be demonstrated at the 2012 RSA conference and widely available in April.
- Hotel app pockets revenue by putting concierge service in your pocket
A mobile hotel app takes customer service to a new level, but not without constant tweaking and heavy-duty promotion, says IT innovator Eric Chao.
- Meaningful use stage 2's bumpy landing at HIMSS 2012
Meaningful use stage 2 will finally see release, but not during HIMSS 2012 as expected. Watching the waiting game unfold made for fascinating, if also uneasy, theater.
- Loggly CEO: Log data management takes on 'the original big data'
Former Splunk Inc. executive Kord Campbell talks about his new company, Loggly Inc., a cloud-based search engine for machine-generated data.