Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, March 15, 2012
- Salesforce.com folds Rypple HR into its ‘social enterprise’
Salesforce.com has completed the first integration between its HR software acquisition and its core CRM system, and one analyst thinks the technology holds lots of possibilities for the future.
- Storage technologies are paving the way for Data Center as a Service
Storage technologies like SSD are an important part of constructing the virtual enterprise data center, or Data Center as a Service, of the future.
- UK firms have trust in cloud service security, but reality disappoints
UK firms believe moving some IT projects to the cloud will improve their overall security, yet they end up feeling less secure after the move.
- Alcatel-Lucent enterprise chief on pushing into North America
In this Q&A, Alcatel-Lucent enterprise division president Michel Emelianoff explains how his company will win over North America customers.
- Interconnection services can bolster cloud connectivity
Cloud providers can now offer interconnection services to customers via the new interconnection services suite from Telx.
- BYOD puts pressure on content management
IT managers and content management pros are being put into a difficult position, one where they need to find a way to work with the many new devices entering the workplace.
- TDWI Solution Summit speakers share MDM best practices
TDWI Solution Summit speakers gathered last week to exchange MDM best practices and data governance tips.
- End of support drives Oracle application upgrades, says survey
A recent survey of 327 Oracle application pros by the Oracle Applications Users Group found that end of support was by far the biggest driver for upgrading.
- To be unstructured data is to be misunderstood
Mark Madsen questions why people take the wrong approach with unstructured data, abandoning their experiences with demographics and market research.
- SunGard provides workforce continuity site for clients affected by Boston power outage
Boston-based companies stay up and running at SunGard Workforce Continuity Center following a transformer fire that left part of the city without power.
- Microsoft Office 15 features, licensing details emerge
Microsoft Office 15 will include radical changes to the way the product is bought and licensed. An Office for iPad app may also be on its way.
- WD ships Thunderbolt-enabled My Book
Western Digital announced this week that the company has released a Thunderbolt-compatible version of its My Book external hard disk drive series.
- Physicians becoming savvy in EHR selection, AAFP finds
Six years of American Academy of Family Physician surveys show that physicians know what they want from EHR software and won't hesitate to change if they don't like what they see.