Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
- Ponemon Cost of Data Breach Report finds expenses declining for first time
The seventh annual Ponemon Cost of Data Breach Report analyzed 49 U.S. companies and found organizations with CISOs and a formal incident response plan helped cut costs.
- Network Innovation Award: Cisco Prime for service-centric management
Cisco Prime is the winner of the SearchNetworking.com Network Innovation Award for management. Cisco Prime integrates network, endpoint and application-level information.
- Gartner: Marketing, customer service must merge
Customers now own the business relationship, so companies need a coordinated approach to hear them, according to Gartner analysts at the research group’s annual conference.
- Symantec acquires Nukona for MDM, mobile application control
Analyst says move is important step in addressing the need for mobile application control and document management capabilities.
- Meru offers virtual wireless LAN controller, iPad management app
Meru introduced a virtual wireless LAN controller as an alternative to hardware-based appliances and virtual versions of its E(z)RF management suite.
- Egnyte file sharing in the cloud uses object storage, NetApp support
The latest Egnyte file sharing offering for the cloud is an enterprise bundle with object storage in place of NFS, and support for NetApp filers in place of NetGear.
- University researchers document Android adware privacy risks
Researchers at NC State found that ad libraries used in Android apps access personal information unnecessary for proper functionality.
- Technology innovation awards focus on government initiatives
The ACT-IAC recently gave out technology innovation awards to government programs using IT to improve services and automate paper-based operations.