Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, March 26, 2012
- When buying financial accounting system, strong steering committee is key
Before starting the financial accounting software selection process, put a clear strategy and a carefully selected steering committee in place.
- Find a financial accounting system you can take to the bank
This multi-step selection process can help organizations overcome the challenges—and reap the rewards—of finding the right financial accounting software.
- Tips for choosing the right financial management system
Consultants explain how to match an organization’s requirements to financial accounting software options and vendors.
- Strategize before negotiating best deal for financial accounting system
Upfront planning will pay off when the time comes to hammer out a contract for a financial application.
- Cloud HR software: Time to rip out that legacy system?
Adopting cloud HR software requires identifying where the cloud offers unique advantages, according to Liz Garnand, while making sure cloud HR providers have the right privacy and security controls.
- Consider workforce management software for multinational labor force
Workforce management software can help you better manage your global workforce.
- Tape NAS emerges, utilizing LTFS for file access
Tape NAS brings file-level access to LTO tape for archiving, but Crossroads StrongBox is alone among hardware that takes full advantage of LTFS.
- Research company gets Acronis virtual machine backup
Storage roundup: Research company gets Acronis virtual machine backup; cloud provider opts for Nexsan; Arkivum appoints Scallon; Coraid appoints Virmani; and Qsan is VMware-ready.
- VMware uneasy about managing physical resources
As more workloads are virtualized, does it make sense to give VMware virtualization management tools the burden of physical systems?
- Zornes: Master data governance will fuse MDM to BPM
Master data governance tools are emerging to aid the orchestration of MDM and BPM, according to MDM expert Aaron Zornes. “Big data” is a distraction from the business basics of MDM, he says.
- Microsoft attempts legal action to disrupt some Zeus botnets
Legal and technical actions could disrupt some Zeus botnet operations by seizing command-and-control servers in Pennsylvania and Illinois.
- CIOs tell health IT vendors they need interop, iPad EHR, HIPAA help
Health care CIOs give vendors a laundry list of what they'll buy now, including HIPAA compliance and security help, iPad EHR interfaces and tools to improve interoperability.
- Talent management software helps cultivate skilled workforce, experts say
The pressure is on to recruit -- and retain -- skilled employees. Industry watchers say talent management software can make that process less painful and more successful.
- EVault announces ‘guaranteed’ cloud recovery in less than four hours
EVault Inc., said its cloud DR service will offer a “guaranteed” cloud recovery option that promises to restore customer data within four hours.
- Flexibility of in-memory business intelligence requires some vigilance
In-memory analytics tools give business users more control over how they use business intelligence data. But IT and BI pros need to be on guard to ensure that problems don't result, analysts warn.
- EMC gets in the cloud-building game
Headlines: EMC wants to build your cloud and has put together cloud-building services going beyond storage. The services target cloud infrastructure, applications and desktop computing.
- Volume, complexity can lead to order management software system failures
There are plenty of places where order management systems can go wrong. Just ask the retailer that mistakenly offered a $70 iPad. There are ways to find those cracks though.
- Marketing firm uses Informatica Cloud to integrate Salesforce.com data
Healthcare marketing firm PDI Inc. is using Informatica Cloud to integrate Salesforce.com data with on-premises systems.