Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, April 5, 2012
- Data governance evangelism at heart of Premier Farnell's global strategy
Data governance lies at the heart of Premier Farnell's globalisation strategy. And the electronics distributor's head of global planning and governance says senior management education comes first.
- For VMware Octopus, integration is key to enterprise file-sharing success
VMware Octopus could have a leg up on competitors in the enterprise file-sharing market if, as IT pros hope, it has strong ties to VMware’s other data center infrastructure.
- Mobile BI gains momentum in UK corporate IT
Mobile BI is on the rise in UK corporate organisations, according to a Corporate IT Forum survey. Cloud BI, big data, social media and predictive analytics have all weakened.
- With CCIE Data Center, can network engineers become data center gurus?
With its new CCIE Data Center certification, Cisco offers training that allows network engineers to work across IT silos.
- Channel executives see need to bolster hospital IT security
Regulations leave hospitals scrambling to strengthen security. Channel executives are helping hospitals implement IAM, DLP and encryption technology -- albeit on a budget.
- Object storage: A middle-ground option for cloud storage services
Object storage is an option for providers seeking to offer cloud storage services. Three organizations are now leveraging Caringo's object storage platform for cloud storage.
- IPv6 security gaps cast a shadow on enterprise network security
Even if you run a strictly IPv4network, IPv6 security may still be an issue. IPv6 monitoring is needed today, according to Blue Coat, which supports it in PacketShaper 9.
- An innovative cloud strategy helps CIO with major ROI
One SearchCIO-Midmarket.com 2012 IT Leadership Award finalist works a creative cloud strategy to save his company both time and capital.
- IT leaders embrace cloud solutions based on economic, business sense
Some enterprise IT leaders are only dipping their toes into cloud solutions. Others, however, have taken the -- carefully considered -- plunge.
- April 2012 Patch Tuesday: Microsoft to issue six bulletins, four critical
Microsoft’s six bulletins include critical server repairs, Internet Explorer updates and a critical update of its .NET Framework.
- OpenStack hopes extensible Essex attracts larger IT shops
OpenStack delivered Essex, the fifth version of its cloud OS, with a raft of features for enterprises. Are they enough to lure large IT shops?