Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Friday, April 13, 2012
- BYOD security policy, not MDM, at heart of smartphone security
Effective security policies, not a mobile device management platform, will solve corporate mobile device security issues, according to a security expert.
- Red Hat thinks big data with MongoDB collaboration
News in brief: Red Hat partners with 10gen to provide MongoDB NoSQL database. Kubuntu gains new sponsor. Samba patch plugs security hole.
- Report: Corporate mobile device policy must align security, job roles
In the debate between BYOD and company-issued devices, a new report compares mobile platforms and recommends devices based on users’ job roles.
- Why are network engineers so bitter about managing virtualization?
One virtualization architect explains the miscommunications between systems and network engineers and how his teams worked together toward managing virtualization more effectively.
- BYOD and mobile cloud apps lead to licensing compliance issues
Employees using their devices for work may violate their employers' Microsoft licensing agreement. But, licensing compliance issues can be avoided.
- IBM taps Varicent for its sales and performance management software
IBM continues its analytics buying spree with plans to acquire sales and performance management software company Varicent Software Inc.
- Can BYOD best practices help mobile UC mature in the enterprise?
BYOD best practices present an opportunity for mobile deployments of enterprise-grade UC tools to mature, reach higher adoption levels.