Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, April 16, 2012
- Survey: Enterprises lacking strong information management plan
Many organizations have no plans for effectively dealing with the explosion of information today, according to a recent survey.
- Overcoming mobile testing challenges: Functional testing in a mobile world
Mobile testing may seem overwhelming to many testers, as the mobile space is rapidly growing and new challenges arise every day. Independent consultant Karen Johnson offers some tips for approaching these challenges and gives a preview of what she will cover in her STAREAST presentation, “Testing in the Mobile Environment: A Functional View.”
- JOBS Act to have little influence on GRC tools and processes, for now
The JOBS Act alters compliance requirements for emerging companies, but experts say it should have little influence on GRC tools and strategy for those already on the right track.
- HP warns of malware in HP ProCurve switches flash cards
HP has notified customers that some ProCurve 5400 zl switches were shipped that contained compact flash cards infected with malware.
- Mobile printing complexities plague BYOD
Issues with printing from mobile devices plague BYOD shops. Apple, Google and Microsoft have to offer enterprises better printing capabilities to make BYOD more efficient.
- Mobile health technology needs better usability, infrastructure
Panelists at the iHT2 Health IT Summit dismiss the notion that privacy issues hinder mobile health adoption and point to poor usability and infrastructure as the real culprits.
- SGI adopts hybrid storage for clustered NAS
Headlines: SGI NAS uses hybrid storage with DRAM, solid-state drives and hard drives, ZFS, and SGI caching and management software in scale-out clusters.
- Charity cuts costs with Xsigo network virtualisation
Storage roundup: Charity cuts costs with Xsigo network virtualisation; prison group gets cloud backup; Danish city deploys Fusion-io software; Amplidata software upgrade; and more news.
- Oracle Hyperion Financial Management 184.108.40.206 loaded with changes
No minor update, the new release has an overhauled user interface and more flexibility in configurable dimensions.
- Data warehousing appliance business case must trump traditional tools
Justifying purchases of data warehouse appliances starts with showing that they're a better business fit than conventional systems are, analysts say.