Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, April 19, 2012
- Predictive analytics is hard to do; just ask a data scientist
Where do you rank in using predictive analytics? New research and two Ivy League data scientists suggest that if you do it all, you're way ahead.
- London data centres face network overload, disruptions during Olympics
Network overload, IT security, data centre power and remote access problems plague London businesses during 2012 Olympics Games. How are IT pros preparing themselves?
- OpenStack gains appeal with Puppet Labs integration
Puppet Labs aligns with OpenStack software, as OpenStack vies with Citrix’s CloudStack and others to be the platform of choice for cloud.
- DreamHost selects Nicira for software-defined network deployment
Cloud provider DreamHost will roll out a software-defined network on the Nicira Network Virtualization Platform, boosting security, isolation and flexibility for customers.
- Enterprises leaning toward managed video-conferencing services
Enterprises are turning to service providers for managed video-conferencing services to mitigate risk and lower operational costs.
- IDC, Wikibon size up the ‘big data’ market
Analysts calculate how, well, big the market has become, indicating considerable growth three and even five years out, though the projections differ dramatically.
- Visual business intelligence aids user adoption and IT alignment
IT leader invigorates DNA sequencing center by replacing old and clunky data mining with visual business intelligence solution.
- Building a quality organization with talent management
At STAREAST 2012, keynote speaker Keith Klain, spoke about his success in leading cultural change by emphasizing leadership skills, talent management and empowerment.
- Software testers as qualitative researchers: STAREAST 2012 keynote
The qualitative research methods employed by social scientists are not so different from the work of software testers, according to STAREAST 2012 keynote speaker Michael Bolton.
- PCI assessor and CISO: Work together for the best PCI ROC
In a session at the SOURCE Boston conference, a PCI assessor and a CISO explain that there are ways to arrive at a report on compliance they can both appreciate.
- Geer: More redundancy, manual processes can cut IT infrastructure risk
Luminary Dan Geer says IT infrastructure risk can be reduced by boosting Internet resiliency and by planning backup processes should the Net go down.
- Virtualization technologies offer big ROI and green data storage
Green virtualization technologies replaced outdated hardware and offered IT leader big power-consumption savings.
- From the Editors: Sure start for MDM, big data projects
Several organisations, including the BBC, are embarking on journeys with product MDM, big data and data visualisation software to save money and increase efficiency.