Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, April 23, 2012
- FlexPod validated by Microsoft for private cloud: News roundup
FlexPod shared infrastructure’s validation by Microsoft for private cloud; a UK power company’s virtualisation project; and OnyxCloud’s storage upgrades are this week’s highlights.
- Oracle updates JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and World
Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.1 and JD Edwards World 9.3 are the first major releases in three years for the products, and include features around reporting, security and compliance.
- E-commerce, social media driving CRM, experts say
E-commerce will keep growing, forcing companies to improve their CRM systems and break down silos between the two, analysts predict.
- Innovative LMS solution drives success at technical training program
This SearchCIO-Midmarket.com IT Leadership Award finalist engages students in a technical training program with a new learning management system.
- Master the five success factors for ERP upgrades
An expert in ERP upgrades explains why having a firm grip on five critical issues can ensure a strong return on investment.
- Tips for enforcing remote access security policies
Security expert Scott Crawford discusses steps CIOs can take to prevent violations of organizational remote access security policies.
- Shared philosophy aids FBI agent’s move to security startup CrowdStrike
Attackers are already in the network, so if companies aren’t monitoring activity, they’re not doing enough, said Shawn Henry of CrowdStrike.
- Faster data delivery livens BI performance, user satisfaction
With business users looking to get their hands on business intelligence data more quickly, making BI systems more flexible and responsive is becoming a priority in many organizations.
- From Excel to financial analytics software: Users, experts share tips
When preparing for the transition, companies should review existing processes, involve end users and clean up the data.
- ISACA: Update to COBIT 5 governance framework maximizes IT assets
ISACA’s update to its popular COBIT 5 framework incorporates a business-wide approach the organization says helps enterprises maximize their information and technology assets.
- Microsoft to offer CommVault’s Simpana with Azure Cloud platform
Commvault says the product bundle is part of a deepening “strategic alliance” with the software giant.
- EMC says new VMAX and Thunder coming soon, HDD price hikes staying
Headlines: EMC announced that the price increase for HDDs put into place last year will continue and to watch out for a new high-end Symmetrix VMAX storage system and the “Project Thunder” flash caching appliance.
- VDI puts data center networks to the test
Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) pulls endpoint management to the core of the enterprise data center, taxing data center networks.
- IBM aims new database squarely at Oracle users
The latest version of IBM's flagship database offers several features designed to coax Oracle customers out of their comfort zones.