Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
- Group collaboration drives real estate technology innovations
One IT leader makes the difference in a distressed housing market by merging real estate technology with group collaboration techniques.
- Cloud computing, automated infrastructure, ITaaS to help IT stay ahead
As consumerisation and tech-savvy users challenge the traditional role of IT, technology pros must use cloud, automation and ITaaS to give their businesses competitive advantage.
- IT spending outlook of India Inc to be cautiously optimistic - E&Y
Explore India Inc’s top five IT spending priorities of 2012-13. Also view the slideshow of key data points of this Ernst & Young-CIO Klub survey.
- Salesforce.com creates cloud network for governments
The Government Cloud will offer a dedicated, secure infrastructure for government agencies.
- CamelOne 2012 gamifies enterprise integration efforts
CamelOne 2012 will span the gamut from online games to particle acceleration. This is the second annual community event from open source integration giant FuseSource.
- IBM takes another stab with low-priced PowerLinux systems
IBM’s new low-priced Power servers compete with x86 for Linux workloads and may help IBM gain “big data” market share.
- NCP Android IPsec VPN client promotes universal communications
NCP Engineering universal Android IPsec VPN client for the Android 4.0 platform can enable enterprises to securely connect with one another.
- Integrated backup appliances provide option to traditional disk libraries
With Symantec taking the lead, backup appliances that bundle backup software with dedupe and disk challenge traditional virtual tape libraries (VTLs).
- Expert offers mobile cloud security advice
Security expert Rich Mogull offers advice on ways to support BYOD and data security in the consumerization age.
- Java, HTML exploits via Black Hole toolkit dominate attacks, Microsoft says
The Black Hole Exploit toolkit is behind the bulk of the HTML and Java exploits, according to version 12 of the Microsoft Security Intelligence Report.
- Companies turning to enterprise social business for collaboration, integration
Expert columnist: Open source computing creates new opportunities to collaborate across enterprise processes and integrate with proprietary applications.
- From viewer to content, video analytics software builds a following
While the industry fixates on “big data” and consumerization, another newcomer is carving out a quieter and smaller place in the market for itself.
- VMware buys Cetas to bring big data analytics to the masses
VMware pushes deeper into the application space with the purchase of Cetas Software, a big data analytics startup, that could have tie-ins with several of its products.
- Intel offers up a 'silver bullet' master data management strategy
Microprocessor giant Intel Corp. says its highly successful internal master data management (MDM) strategy can be broken down into four simple steps.