Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Thursday, April 26, 2012
- Infosecurity 2012: ICO opposes mandatory data breach notification
Information Commissioner Christopher Graham calls mandatory breach disclosure for all companies unnecessary, saying voluntary disclosure is working.
- House bill aims to restrict call center outsourcing
Proposed federal legislation would slow the exodus of call center jobs, but analysts question the intent behind it and effectiveness.
- Enterprise wish list: Video conferencing interoperability
Service providers and vendors are trying to develop video conferencing interoperability for enterprises. InterCall and Blue Jeans Network partner for B2B video conferencing.
- Using Nimble Storage, construction firm reconstructs storage set-up
Two Nimble Storage arrays replace hodgepodge of systems from EMC, NetApp, Dell and Buffalo for primary storage and backup at construction firm Graniterock.
- Microsoft Windows 8 VDI licensing adds BYOD licensing complexity, cost
Microsoft’s VDI licensing option in Windows 8 requires customers pay fees to allow user devices such as iPads to access Windows-based corporate virtual desktops.
- Retail developer builds Oracle business intelligence on JD Edwards
Retail development company Benderson Development used a “build and buy” approach to creating its Oracle business intelligence platform on top of JD Edwards.
- iPad EHR interoperability progressing as virtualization improves
Hospitals turn to iPad EHR implementations to help with meaningful use compliance -- and warm up to the idea of establishing BYOD policies.
- IBM adds Vivisimo to its 'big data' management arsenal
IBM announced plans to acquire data discovery vendor Vivisimo amid a busy week of "big data" news from around the Web.