Latest Technology News from the TechTarget Network
Monday, April 30, 2012
- Pharmas show future of meaningful use, clinical data analytics
What on earth will we do with all the bits and bytes collected via meaningful use criteria? Clinical data analytics, that's what. Pharmas already are launching pilot projects.
- Cisco Smart Services: Partners can customize with open APIs
At Cisco Partner Summit 2012, the company extended its Cisco Smart Services plan, promising to make management services more customizable and simpler to maneuver.
- Belgium Testing Days conference: The purpose of software testing
“QA versus Testing: Antagonism or Symbiosis?” was the theme for the Belgium Testing Days conference. SSQ’s Agile expert Lisa Crispin attended the conference and brings back highlights in this two-part series.
- Quality assurance vs. testing the focus of Belgium Testing Days
Lisa Crispin continues with summaries of the keynote and many of the sessions at Belgium Testing Days. The theme of the conference was “QA versus Testing: Antagonism or Symbiosis?”
- Partner focus strengthens CA Technologies’ channel strategy
CA Technologies is changing how it interacts with the channel and has launched a fresh partner program with a new portal that offers training and marketing support for partners.
- Future technology leaders get top-speed, top-notch tutelage
The implementation of a crucial LMS and a drive to mold future technology leaders has made Steve Mallard a finalist in the SearchCIO-Midmarket.com 2012 IT Leadership Awards.
- CIO makes IT a strategic partner at Air Systems with green tech
This IT Leadership Award winner makes sure IT is a strategic partner to the business with a green IT strategy that led to a new role in the business.
- Strong technology leadership is a welcome gift to St. Paul nonprofit
Strong, customer-focused technology leadership and a friendly touch made Paul Harder a SearchCIO-Midmarket.com 2012 IT Leadership Awards finalist.
- CIO innovator uses domain expertise to drive new business
A CIO's love of language and IT is spurring growth at Language Services Associates. A new video interpreting platform is the latest offshoot of his domain expertise.
- CIO finalist: Custom Web application gives rise to a new business
CIO Nicole Bradberry, a SearchCIO-Midmarket.com IT Leadership Award finalist, created a business around a custom Web application for health care providers.
- Cloud integration revitalizes an aged business model
A cloud integration platform helps CIO relaunch a struggling business by leveraging a community of partners and reaching thousands of new customers.
- Cisco Partner Summit 2012: Support services, cloud and mobility reign
At Cisco Partner Summit 2012, Cisco continues its attempt to improve business by refocusing its channel partner strategy with support services, mobility and cloud announcements.
- Achieving cloud compliance: Customer, not cloud provider, responsible
Customers, not cloud providers, are responsible for ensuring cloud compliance with their data. Cloud providers must offer transparency of their infrastructure to customers.
- Welcome to the software-defined networking holy war
The software-defined networking battle boils down to one basic difference in strategy: open source or proprietary. Which side will win? Maybe neither one.
- Real estate company refines, expands geographic information system
Marcus & Millichap shakes off its archaic data cleansing and analytics system for more automated processes, enabling the firm to explore its data on a more granular level.
- Chargeback vs. showback: Which method is best for you?
IT shops looking to recover costs should consider a chargeback or showback model. But these strategies are rife with political and technical hurdles.
- Establish requirements before choosing between cloud and on-premises ERP
A consultant outlines criteria for midmarket manufacturers to consider before deciding whether to stick with on-site ERP or venture out to the cloud.
- Basic vs. complex: Companies walk the line on analytics best practices
Businesses looking to build effective business intelligence and analytics programs have to toe the line between focusing on the basics and using new technology to build more complex BI systems.
- Hitachi Data Systems moves into unified storage architecture with HUS
Headlines: Hitachi Data Systems combines BlueArc’s SiliconFS with block storage for its first unified storage architecture.