Latest Technology News from the TechTarget NetworkFriday, April 9, 2010
- Exchange Server 2010 upgrade: Defining scope and goals
The initiation phase of an Exchange Server 2010 upgrade calls for you to define your customers' scopes and goals and examine how Exchange 2010's features will benefit them.
- SBI's core banking success story
When you have 17,700 branches, core banking implementation can get a bit complicated—but SBI pulled it off
- ISACA auditors cautiously endorse cloud with new guidelines
The Information Systems Audit and Control Association has released new guidelines for managing cloud computing and governance for enterprise.
- Hijacking VMware guests; virtualizing remote offices; ROI calculators
This week's VMware news roundup includes Windows Server security flaw that grants access to VMware guests, ways to build out virtualization environments to remote offices
- Exchange Server 2010 upgrade: Prototype, pilot phases
Prior to an Exchange Server 2010 upgrade, you will need to go through the prototype and pilot phases, which emulates the final version and tests functionality.
- Using a migration document for Exchange Server 2010
Using a migration document in Exchange Server 2010 helps you to properly perform an upgrade, because it provides an accurate migration timeline for customers.
- TDWI: Reach business goals with a unified data management strategy
Organizations should implement a unified data management approach to better support business goals, according to TDWI's Philip Russom.
- Using an Exchange Server 2010 design document for upgrades
An important aspect to planning your Exchange Server 2010 upgrade is creating the design document, which outlines and explains the decision-making process after an upgrade.
- Cloud security best practices foster rapid deployments
CIOs are developing their own cloud security best practices, such as auditing, risk assessment and contractual obligations, while the cloud industry plays catch-up.
- IAM evaluation and deployment guidelines
Navin Agrawal, executive director, KPMG India, throws some light on Identity and Access Management (IAM) adoption, evaluation and deployment in India
- Symantec hands off consulting services to partners
Symantec consulting services that had gone direct will now be handled by qualified partners. No change seen on hosted or managed services model.
- Capacity Planning: A How to Guide
In this guide our expert covers all aspects of the fundamental steps needed for performing successful capacity planning.
- Storage roundup: Texas Memory releases flash-based SSD RamSan-630
Texas Memory's latest RamSan SSD system hits 500,000 IOPS; EMC qualifies Emulex CNAs for 10 GbE iSCSI and FCoE; Western Digital has 10,000 rpm 6-gig SATA drives for blade servers.
- VoiceCon 2010 roundup: Enterprise Connect, SIP trunking, interoperability and more
With keynotes from top unified communication vendors, and technical sessions on SIP trunking, interoperability, mobility, video conferencing and more, VoiceCon 2010 (now Enterprise Connect) was a hit. Here's our VoiceCon coverage.