Latest Technology News from the TechTarget NetworkFriday, April 16, 2010
- Best (and worst) practices for speech analytics in the contact center
Wondering what some best and worst practices are for using speech analytics in the call center? Our resident expert Lori Bocklund explains the dos and don'ts behind the technology.
- Timing for EHR certification, adoption remains a sticky issue
The time crunch on developing and adopting certified electronic health record systems concerns health IT professionals, who have tight meaningful use deadlines to meet.
- Products meeting CCHIT ARRA certification standards
Using products that meet the preliminary certification standards of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 is required for reimbursement under the ARRA legislation.
- Monitoring the benefits of social media, and the risks
Are there benefits to using social media in business? Of course, but it's up to CIOs to understand the risks and help their company rethink its social media policies.
- Social networking in Indian organizations: Do CIOs bell this cat?
With increasing popularity of social networking in Indian organizations, more Indians access social networking sites from offices. How do CIOs respond?
- Understanding virtual desktop infrastructure
A U.K. guide on virtual desktop infrastructure and its impact on cost savings, Windows 7 migration, cloud computing adoption and environmentally sustainable IT.
- Intel Atom chip draws data center interest
Proponents say the itty-bitty Intel Atom chip has a future in great big data centers.
- Storage roundup: FalconStor rolls out HyperFS file system for broadcast
Rorke Data ships FalconStor HyperFS file system; 3PAR thinly provisions Oracle; NextIO delivers vSTOR S100 flash storage array; Promise Technology unveils high-availability storage for broadcast; and more.
- Understanding security in the cloud
This collection of cloud security tips covers everything from securing Platform as a Service and Software as a Service to attaining PCI DSS compliance in the cloud.
- Cost and complexity can snag SMB data storage consolidation efforts
Greg Schulz, founder and Senior analyst with the Storage IO Group, answers some common questions about storage consolidation in this Q&A.
- Virtualization of desktop infra boosts Perfetti Van Melle productivity
With eight remote sites across India, Perfetti wanted a green solution offering high performance. Virtualization of desktops proved to be the right way out.
- New Flash privacy settings will impact customer authentication
Changes in upcoming version of Adobe Flash Player will mean banks and others can't rely on Flash LSOs to authenticate customers' PCs.
- Community cloud: Benefits and drawbacks
Non-competing companies sharing cloud computing infrastructures sounds like a great idea for saving money, so why is the public sector proceeding with caution?
- Enomaly debuts hardware-secured cloud computing
The new High Assurance Edition of Enomaly's cloud platform bets on Intel's Trusted Platform Module for security.
- Restoring deduped data in deduplication systems
Learn about why restoring deduped data in some deduplication systems can be slower than restores from tape in this latest column by Mr. Backup.
- Oracle updates MySQL, reassures open-source VARs
Low-end open-source database gives Oracle VARs a weapon against SQL Server.