Latest Technology News from the TechTarget NetworkFriday, April 23, 2010
- Interop 2010: Offering virtualized services Q&A with Barb Goldworm
Read about offering virtualized services in this interview with Barb Goldworm, Interop 2010's virtualization track chair, and find out which sessions you should attend.
- Continuous data protection (CDP) offers up-to-the minute disaster recovery for users with limited tolerance for data loss
Kevin Beaver, independent information security consultant with Principle Logic LLC, discusses continuous data protection and disaster recovery in this Q&A.
- The latest information about VMforce; new VMware certification tests
This week's VMware news roundup includes latest speculation surrounding VMforce.com, new VMware certification tests over the summer and new VMware Ready-certified NAS devices.
- Quiz: Data center energy efficiency trends
Take this quiz on data center energy efficiency, and find out how much you know about cutting costs and saving power at your company.
- Oracle undercuts Sun partners in their own accounts
Sun hardware VARs: Oracle direct sales is trying to take accounts direct.
- 100% MPLS WAN coverage improves Laxmi Vilas Bank branch connectivity
Laxmi Vilas Bank rolls out MPLS connectivity across all its locations, claims to be first South Indian bank to have a 100% MPLS WAN.
- Gartner Magic Quadrant ranks i2, Oracle as leaders
In its annual Magic Quadrant, Gartner ranks i2 and Oracle as leaders in transportation management system (TMS) software while noting a big move to SaaS TMS. HighJump is dropped from the list.
- LTO Program expands LTO roadmap through Generation 8: Data backup and recovery news briefs
This week's data backup and recovery news in brief: LTO Program expands LTO roadmap through Generation 8; Think Tank relies on Unitrends for data backup and archiving and more.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 released to manufacturing
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, which was released to manufacturing this week, has PowerPivot for data management, Master Data Services for data consistency and other features.
- VM management in mixed virtual server platforms: The Indian view
What happens when organizations have more than one server virtualization platform? Here's a look.
- How to choose the best remote online backup service provider
Learn about when you should consider online backups and what steps you should take when looking for an online backup provider in this FAQ.
- What's keeping data storage out of the cloud?
Interest in cloud storage is picking up, but deterrents to cloud adoption include questions about data availability, security and the ability to satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Virtual Oracle WebLogic needs no OS
A new Oracle WebLogic release runs in a Java VM without an OS. Get all the news on this virtual Oracle WebLogic technology in this episode of This Week in Virtualization.
- Report finds dodgy policies in cloud contracts
A recent report from Yankee Group indicates that many cloud computing contracts contain dubious compliance claims and misleading uptime guarantees.
- MDM and SOA podcast series: Batch updates give way to real-time updates
Batch updates are giving way to near-real-time updates as SOA makes its mark in the enterprise. But how quickly will that change the face of enterprise computing? Practitioners discuss the fine points in this podcast series.
- US Supreme Court hears 'sexting' case on employee privacy rights
The US Supreme Court's decision in a "sexting" case involving a police officer and a pager could broadly affect employee privacy rights. The message for CIOs is clear.
- What is VMforce?
On April 27, VMware and Salesforce.com will reveal VMforce to the world. As anticipation builds, find out everything we know about VMforce in this special report.